Building Customer Loyalty – How YOU Can Help Keep Customers Returning
Customer care, both internal and external, is the key to survival for organizations today. Not only must organizations acquire new employees and customers, but more importantly, they must keep the old ones. Research shows that it costs at least five times as much to attract a new customer as it does to retain an existing one, and the same is true for good employees. It becomes essential, then, for each individual in an organization, including those in the public sector, to understand the service attributes that create customer and employee loyalty. Participants will learn amazing statistics about why customers leave or speak badly of your organization, models for evaluating every interaction, the four things all customers want, the difference between core service and customer service, and what the research has shown creates loyal customers.
At the end of this session, participants will:
- Become more aware of their own experience as customers.
- Understand who their customers are, both internal and external, as well as the Customer-Supplier Chain.
- Learn several models as a frame to understand and apply this information to their own organization.
- Differentiate between Core Service, Enhancers, and Customer Service.
- Learn the four things that all customers want.
- Examine those service attributes that create customer LOYALTY and DISLOYALTY.
- Understand that complaints can ADD to loyalty!
- Learn the four steps of Service Recovery.
- Be challenged to look at their own role in creating customer loyalty, fully understanding the choices they have in every interaction.
- Leave with an action plan to enhance customer loyalty in all their interactions.